Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Lessons in Fishing

Alan LOVES ice fishing and has fished almost every day of our break. He convinced me to tag along today by deeming it "family bonding time." So, I got a few lessons in fishing. Some from Alan. Some from Thomas.


Step 1: Use the ice auger to make some holes. (I found out first hand that this is not as easy as it looks).
Step 2: Scoop the slush out of the hole. This is Tommy's job. He scoops everyones slush and scoops it often.

Step 3: Put your line in the hole and wait. This is where patience comes in handy. I got bored before Thomas did. He lucked out and caught a fish last week. He wasn't so lucky today.
Step 4: When patience pays off, pull up your line.
Step 5: Pose for pictures with your 19" Bass.
Step 6: Bring home some little fishies for dinner (but not the huge Bass-yuck).

No comments: